The original flexi-fender. First introduced as the 'Bender Fender' back in 2009, these nifty little guards ultimately led to the creation of Mucky Nutz, as a Brand. Truly the first of its kind, the Bender Fender took the Mountain Bike community by storm with its simplicity and effectiveness. Now, having evolved with subtle improvements and refinements made over the last decade, the Face Fender is more popular than ever; available in a variety of colour-ways, widely used and endorsed by Weekend Warriors, Pro Downhill and Enduro riders around the world.
- The original, proven design. Manufactured in the UK to our high standards to complement your ride and stand years of abuse on the trails.
- Stops muck, gravel, pine needles and animal s*** being flung into your face.
- Can be used on 26", 27.5" and 29" wheel sizes, and compatible with boost forks.
- Protects your fork stanchions, seals and bridge from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and servicing.
- Lightweight, Discreet and effective, weighing in at a mere 25g.
- Fitted correctly, there's no movement or rattling.
- Compatible with forward and double-bridge fork designs.
- Can be used as a rear shock guard on some full-sus bikes.
- Easy to clean as it's flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you're done.
- Comes with genuine, high-quality Velcro straps to attach to the fork. Velcro is soft on the paintwork and makes fitting and removal a breeze. Alternatively, you can use zip-ties.
- Made in the UK, from fully recyclable plastic.
It's no secret that plastic is used in most of our products, and this is simply because it's the best material for the job.
As a responsible manufacturer we are committed to sustainability; to produce and sell our products with minimal waste, minimal packaging and we recycle everything we can along the way. Each product is designed to serve its purpose over many years and is by no means a single-use plastic. When a Mucky Nutz product does eventually reach the end of its functional life, it can be fully recycled and we encourage all customers to do so.
We are currently working on updating the fitting instructions across all our products. In the meantime, please follow the steps below. If you need assistance give us a call.
- Take the Velcro roll and wrap it around a fork lower so it overlaps by an inch or so. Cut off the length and repeat the process for the other leg.
- Do the same for the fork bridge. You will end up with two long lengths of Velcro for the lowers and two short lengths for the bridge.
- Take the fender and break off the hanger tab (use scissors for a clean edge). Thread the long lengths of Velcro through the 'arm' holes (fluffy side to the fork) and the short lengths through the two bridge holes.
- Position the fender to the underside of the fork bridge and tighten the top two Velcro straps around the bridge so it pulls up flush then tighten the lower arms around the fork lowers.
- Square the shape up and check clearance. Tweak if needed. Otherwise, go find the mud.